Main direction of the department’s activity is the creation of map documents for geological departments of VIMS using modern geographic information systems and technologies. Created documents can serve multiple purposes. A cycle of cartographic work is being carried out, starting with scanning of hard copies, data processing from field work and up to preparation for publishing.
Geographic information systems and technologies for geological prospecting and exploration:
- Creation of base maps for geological prospecting work
- Creation of geological maps
- Map development based on factual evidence
- Prepress processing of mapping products
- Software support for information systems